May 6, 2013

Bone and Bread on The Next Chapter with Shelagh Rogers!

I'm really thrilled to say that Bone & Bread is going to be featured on The Next Chapter!

This interview was one of the first publicity things I did for the novel (two months ago now), and I was so, so nervous.  There's something about a radio interview done remotely (I was in the studio in Montreal, and Shelagh was in B.C., I think) that puts me out of my comfort zone.  It's like talking on the phone...and I am not a phone person.  But Shelagh is truly lovely, as is everyone I encountered who works for the show, and I have no doubt they have managed to make me sound less nervously incoherent than I sometimes felt.

I've been told the segment will be on the episode that airs Monday, May 6 (today!) between 1 and 2 p.m. and then again Saturday, May 10 between 4 and 5 p.m.  I'll also post an online link once it becomes available.  (That's how I'll be listening, so that I can stop it if I start cringing!) 

A few weeks after that taping, I was invited to be on Sonali Karnick's great CBC show All in a Weekend, and though I felt a little stressed about getting down to the studio for 7:45 a.m. on a Sunday morning, I felt totally comfortable and at ease and had so much fun.  It's amazing what a few weeks of practice will do, not to mention talking to somebody face to face.  (Or maybe I was just too sleepy to be able to get really nervous..?)

This is a photo Sonali snapped on her phone before the taping:


7:45 on a Sunday: no coffee, no makeup

You can read a summary or listen to it here on the CBC Books page. 

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Your All in a Weekend interview was great! I look forward to the Next Chapter one, too.

saleema said...

Thanks, Samantha!!